In creative arts, students discover a variety of art forms through a study of dance, drama, music and visual arts.
Studying the creative arts, students learn to appreciate, compose, listen, make and perform. Each art form has its own unique knowledge and skills, elements or concepts as well as a capacity to inspire and enrich lives.
Students must study 100 hours of both music and visual arts during Years 7 to 10. They also have an opportunity to further develop their knowledge and skills in other art forms through elective subjects including drama, dance, photography and visual design. Students can then select from a range of courses in Years 11 to 12.
At Model Farms High School:
In creative arts, students discover a variety of art forms through a study of Music, Photography and Visual Arts. Dance is taught by the PDHPE faculty and Drama by the English faculty.
- Study in the Creative Arts provides students with strong discipline-based knowledge and the fundamental skills, creative expertise, learning mindset and critical capabilities for the future world of work.
- Students experience and develop the complex skills required to create and test ideas, generate creative works with confidence, shape inquiry and critically evaluate and reflect on what they do.
Available courses include:
- Visual Arts Mandatory Years 7-8 (Stage 4)
- Music Mandatory Year 7 (Stage 4)
- Drama (Stage 4)
- Visual Arts Elective Year 9 and 10 (Stage 5)
- Visual Design Elective Year 9 and 10 (Stage 5)
- Music Elective Year 9 and 10 (Stage 5)
- Drama Elective (Stage 5)
- Dance Elective (Stage 5)
- Visual Arts (Stage 6)
- Visual Design (Stage 6)
- Photography (Stage 6)
- Music 1 (Stage 6)
- Music 2 (Stage 6)
- Drama (Stage 6)
- Dance (Stage 6)